The only official archive of AnonTalk!
Help us keep Internet history alive! Support IWantABro via BTC: 1Cq1epdjEQWJZ2jFbcCKY3uYjzMDj8ht1g ❤️
Tips & tricks
In order to not clutter things up, there are some "hidden" features that you could find useful. Some general advice is also offered here.
- Hover your cursor over any "age" text to see the exact date and time, as a "tooltip".
- Hover your cursor over any reply cite link ("
@123,456") in a topic to see a snippet of what that post was about without having to follow the link to it, as a "tooltip".
- Hover your cursor over the logo text to see a random slogan, as a "tooltip".
- Double-click the "notice bar" to make it disappear.
- Whenever you preview a post, it is silently saved as a draft to aid you in backing up important/long texts. It will then be available to you for 24 hours.
- If you cite a reply, and the cited reply is the previous one in a topic, it will automatically turn from "
@124,456" to simply "
@previous". Do NOT type "@previous" (or refer to "the previous") yourself! This is not how it works and it is not safe since somebody could post in between, or a reply could get deleted, causing your "previous post" reference to become invalid.
- You can view and link to individual posts without involving the rest of a topic by following the tiny "#" links right before the post number. ("Visits" are never counted when viewing posts stand-alone in this manner.)
- In topics, when you follow a "cite link", a tiny "arrow link" appears to the left and sticks in the middle (vertically). If you click it, you get taken back to the post in which you found the link.
- s.anontalk.com (technically with http:// in front, but that is implied these days) entered in a mobile device (or anywhere else) will take you to the secure version of AT (https://www.anontalk.com).
- Going to anontalk.com/SFW automatically enables "Safe For Work" mode; use a link like that when spreading the word to prudish folks.
- You should get whitelisted even if you don't need it currently; sometimes, entire consumer ISPs are temporarily banned due to troll attacks, and if you use the same one, you won't be able to post for 24 hours while the temporary ban is in action, even though you are completely innocent. (After 50 posts, you get automatically whitelisted the next time you go to the "stuff" section.)
- Please always copy the text in the "textarea" (the multi-row input field) before you submit a form so that you won't lose it if something unexpected happens (such as your browser crashing or the server going down). Remember that previewing posts here contacts the server; you must copy the text before doing even that in order to be perfectly safe. (This is actually a general advice that applies to all Web sites.)
- If you live in China (and possibly other countries), and you randomly get strange "page cannot be displayed" or similar errors in your Web browser (or even get your Internet connection temporarily killed) when trying to load certain topics/pages here, this could very well be due to censorship. To bypass this, use the HTTPS version, since this doesn't send any data in plain text that can be sniffed.
- The "!" symbols in the main menu for "Topics" and "Polls" actually are separate hyperlinks going to a page showing only the new items, rather than showing all the latest ones and marking where you left off. This can be helpful to know in certain situations.
- To save time, you can type "m" (as in "magic") followed by a space and then an ordinary YouTube link in the "Related Web address" field when creating a new poll. This will automatically turn the link into a fancy one when submitting, just as you can do manually in the "toolbox".